Home Areas of Expertise
There is increasing recognition of the need for livelihood promotion efforts by various development players. The Central Government and various state governments have various livelihood support programmes that are funded either with budgetary support or by international funding bodies. Private corporate bodies also have their own programmes. In order to make the livelihood programmes sustainable, long-term interventions are required. This demands multi-faceted professional expertise from independent reputed agencies to implement the programmes and/or provide various support services. The recently launched National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural development and Panchayati Raj proposes to bring substantial changes in the lives of the rural poor by providing self employment and wage employment and thereby appreciable increase in income necessary for sustainable livelihoods. The NRLM aims to meet long felt need to tackle the rural poverty in a time bound manner through Mission mode approach. AFC assures its commitment, accountability, long-term perspective, consistent support in ensuring sustainability to the initiatives of the client organisations.
AFC has provided its services under various programmes which are listed below:
- Livelihood Support Services under ‘Caring Capital'
- Up-scaling Livelihood of Forest Communities through enhanced farm productivity and efficient support systems in Godda District of Jharkhand.
- DFID supported Western Orissa Rural Livelihood Project (WORLP) – Watershed Development Mission, Govt. Of Orissa
- Promoting Income Generation Activities and Setting up Micro-Enterprises
- Madhya Pradesh Tribal Development Project supported by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), Rome
- Livelihood Development & Poverty Alleviation
- Gender Development